Interregional Transportation Strategic Plan
The Interregional Transportation Strategic Plan (ITSP) is a Caltrans document that provides guidance for the identification and prioritization of interregional transportation improvements to be funded in the Interregional Transportation Improvement Program (ITIP). The 2015 ITSP expanded the analysis from focusing on ITIP investment in interregional highways and intercity rail to analyzing the entire interregional transportation system regardless of funding source. The purpose of the plan is to be a guiding document for all investment in the interregional transportation system.
The 2015 ITSP update process involved a statewide reassessment of how Caltrans plans and prioritizes interregional transportation improvements. It included an evaluation of the sustainability, economic viability, and resiliency of the interregional transportation system. The plan was also developed to meet Caltrans’ new Mission, Vision and Goals.
The 2015 Interregional Transportation Strategic Plan (ITSP) was submitted to the California Transportation Commission (CTC) for their approval on June 30, 2015. On October 23, 2015, the CTC approved the 2015 ITSP with changes to be incorporated into the final plan.
The Final 2015 ITSP, with the CTC changes incorporated, can be accessed through the following link:Click here to download the final 2015 ITSP
Please contact Scott Sauer with any questions on the 2015 ITSP at (916) 653-4680 or email@example.com.
- Interregional Transportation Strategic Plan Status Update - Final (October 2013)
- Interregional Transportation Strategic Plan Implementation Progress Report to CTC - May 22, 2003
- Interregional Transportation Strategic Plan (1998)
- ITSP Major Regions
- Interregional Road System
- ITSP Strategic Interregional Corridors
- ITSP Priority Interregional Facilities
- ITSP Public Comments and Caltrans Responses
- ITSP Development Overview
- ITSP Public Outreach Activities
- CTC Book Item for the 2015 ITSP Approval on October 21, 2015
Department of Transportation
Division of Transportation Planning, MS #32
P.O. Box 942874
Sacramento, CA 94274-0001